Vacancy for part time and full time Mandarin Tutor
BBC Mandarin tutor 7 Mantras
1. Be a guide, not a lecturer Students get better through practice. Explain the exercises, make suggestions and give feedback, most importantly, get out of the way. Keep an 80 – 20 balance in your mind. The student should be talking 80% of the time. Feedback is crucial, but make sure to keep it simple, targeted and concise.
2. Keep things under controlYou are the moderator of the class. If the student starts moving in the wrong direction, gently bring them back. If they ask you to edit outside work, or give them feedback on something unrelated to the class, refuse with teacherly calm.
3. Find the flow The rhythm of the class can largely determine the benefit gleaned by the student. As such, finding a flow through the material is crucial. There is a time to let the student keep talking (usually), and times to cut them off. Sometimes a text message is appropriate, and others, a longer spoken reply.
4. Drill downEach class is a different experience, and each student has different needs. Become aware of these individual needs as the class progresses, and react accordingly. Bring the student through the material with a mind toward what can bring them closer to fluency. Drill down and focus on what matters. Don’t forget to give them something to take away from the class (a recorded spoken summary of what the student said in class).
5. Be yourself, find your voice, explore While there are outlines for every class, it doesn’t mean you can’t be creative. Maybe you have a better example than the one given—go for it. Maybe your student has a particular issue that needs a little more focus—take that liberty. Staying close to the topic doesn’t mean becoming a robot. Exercise thought and creativity. Follow inspiration.
6. Be excellent, keep improving Make every class the best class you’ve ever taught. Keep the big picture in mind: You are the link between one person and their dreams (it sounds cheesy but it’s true). As such, you have a huge responsibility. You are a big deal. There’s always room for improvement, so keep improving.
7. Care We really care about our tutors and students. If everyone is having fun, finding fulfillment, and making real improvement, we give ourselves high fives and say, ‘awesome’. Passion goes a long way. Find yours. Care about what you do.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We invite charismatic and suitably-qualified Mandarin tutor who are committed and passionate in teaching Mandarin as second language to join us at BBC Learning Hub.
Requirements to be BBC Mandarin tutor:
Friendly and good attitude
Must be a team player/leader
Long term commitment to BBC (even if you are part timer)
Fluent in Mandarin, English & Malay. Master in Han Yu Pin Yin.
Relevant qualification and experience in similar capacity
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Proficient in Mandarin, English and Bahasa Malaysia (written and spoken)
Ambitious to achieve targets and possess excellent public relations skills
Able to start work immediately will be an added advantage
Great opportunity for personal growth and career advancement
Responsibilities of BBC Mandarin tutor:
- To effectively lead and manage BBC Learning Hub branch
- To assist adults in mastering Mandarin language
- Any other tasks that to be undertaken as required
. We provide all the syllabus, strategies and activities for you to handle the class effectively. We will guide you to be Super Tutor based on our experience.
Of course, we will not change your teaching style as we know every tutor has your own unique teaching style. We hope that you will enjoy teaching Mandarin, helping more people to master Mandarin, meantime, you will learn many things along the way. For more information, please click http://belajarbahasacina.com.my/career