"You can speak fluent Mandarin if you are willing to learn and be persistent. After all, conversational Mandarin is easier than English. Based on our vast experience, you can speak fluent Mandarin in 60 hours and it takes at least 600 hours to master reading and writing Chinese characters." Vincent Ong Aik Cheng, Founder of Belajar Bahasa Cina BBC
Welcome to Belajar Bahasa Cina BBC
Hi! I am Vincent Ong. I was born in Indonesia and when i was 6 years old i had the opportunity to migrate to Malaysia for Chinese education. That is where i picked up my Chinese language, which has always been interesting language for me.
As we know there are around 20% of Chinese population in Malaysia. What if more Malaysians are able to understand and speak Mandarin? I believe this will definitely strengthen our bonding among multi-racial, multi-culture and multi-lingual country.
And we cannot deny the importance of Mandarin nowadays. If you can master Mandarin, you have a competitive edge in your career and business. In fact, Mandarin is the most widely spoken language in the world.
This maybe the reason many of my non-chinese friends would ask me to teach them Mandarin and there is one particular business trip to China GuangZhou where most of non-chinese travellers approached us for Chinese translation.
All these reasons prompted me to develop an easy and effective way to learn Mandarin. After that, my partner and I started to teach our friends using our own approach and they find Mandarin Chinese is easy to learn. They are very excited after they can speak fluent Mandarin and suggested us to open up public classes to share our way of learning Chinese.
Since then, we have grown into 8 BBC branches, partner with learning institutions and helping our corporate clients to achieve their goals. Our mission is to help more people especially Malaysians to speak Mandarin in 60 hours!
Why learn Mandarin?
Some people said why bother to learn Mandarin when you can speak fluent English, moreover, English is the primary and global language worldwide. Why do we bother to invest energy and time to learn Mandarin?
First, we have to know the benefits of learning Mandarin so that our energy and time in learning Mandarin are worthwhile. We list down FOUR main benefits of mastering Mandarin:
1. International businesses – Most companies prefer to hire people who can speak more than one language. China has become a huge market, and business leaders are looking for people who can speak Chinese and operate successfully in a Chinese cultural context. China play a major role in world affairs. As China now has opened up to the West, there are opportunities for employment in all areas.
2. Competitive edge – Knowing Mandarin may give you an edge when competing for an important position. Do you know that employer will usually choose the candidates who can speak Mandarin? Yes it is true, even some companies are willing to pay up additional RM1,000 salary to employees who can speak Mandarin.
3. Most widely spoken first language in the world– Do you know that one fifth of the planet speaks Chinese? In addition to the People’s Republic of China and Taiwan, Mandarin Chinese is also spoken in the important and influential Chinese communities of Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, the Philippines, and Mongolia.
4. Stronger bonding among Malaysians – This is the main reason we started teaching Mandarin. As we know Malaysia main languages are Malay, English, Mandarin and Tamil. If Chinese can speak English, Malay and Mandarin, why not non-chinese can speak Mandarin as well? Therefore, let us Belajar Bahasa Cina together and create stronger bonding among Malaysians!
So, what is your main purpose of learning Mandarin? It must be very clear and strong reason so that you won’t give up in learning Mandarin.
Belajar Bahasa Cina BBC Signature Courses
1. CERTIFICATE IN MANDARIN COMMUNICATION
This course is designed for students who has no or little basic knowledge in Mandarin. We help student to learn Mandarin from Foundation to Advanced Level. This practical course aim to help students to understand and communicate in Mandarin. (More info...)
Learning outcome: Able to understand and communicate at least 80% of Mandarin after the course or join next 6 months class for FREE!
2. CERTIFICATE IN READING & WRITING
This course is for those who are able to speak Mandarin already and now aim to learn reading and writing Chinese characters. We will focus on intensive spoken Mandarin, reading as well as writing Chinese characters. (More info...)
Learning outcome: Able to communicate fluently, read and write Chinese characters.
3. CHILDREN CHINESE CLASS
This program is designed for primary school children to learn Chinese in aspect of listening, speaking, reading and writing. We apply innovative and creative methods such as flashcards as well as singing to help children build a strong foundation in Chinese. This process also boost children's visualization and association, thus making learning fun and easy. (More info...)
Learning outcome: Improve your children understanding, communication, reading and writing skills for both academic and practical purposes.
4. CORPORATE TRAINING
We help our corporate clients to achieve their corporate training targets by providing top quality corporate training services and tailor-made Chinese courses to meet your specific needs. We take care of all aspects of the training process so that corporate clients save their time and costs. (More info...)
5. LEARNING INSTITUTIONS
You can engage us to organise 2 hours seminar or weekly classes at your school, institutions of higher learning, and kindergartens. This is operated as a partner-programme wherein we provide the syllabus, materials and trainers to the institutions. (More info...)
6. ONLINE CLASS
If BBC branch locations and schedules are not convenient to you, you can opt to learn Mandarin via BBC online class at anytime and anywhere. Get your study materials & sign up for online class here
Should you need any more information, please contact us